The Department of School Education aims at the overall growth, development, and progression of Students, Teachers, and Headmasters. In order to promote ‘Education First’, the Department has specified the following goals:
- Free access to education for all – across all religions, gender, class, race and region.
- To ensure all students are treated equally and no discrimination is made on the basis of race, religion, gender, and class.
- To ensure gender equity in education.
- To ensure enrolment of 100% girl students, including the girls coming from backward, reserved and minority communities.
- To ensure and maintain better hygiene and sanitation levels in all schools by having separate toilets for boys and girls, availability of water for washing and drinking, clean environment to study and learn.
- To ensure and maintain quality education by recruiting trained teachers, encouraging quality teaching and learning and provisioning appropriate teaching-learning aids.
- To ensure quality training of teachers with specific emphasis on student-centric teaching and interactive learning.
- To make appropriate arrangements for the training of untrained teachers.
- To rationalize the pupil-teacher ratio across all school levels.
- To ensure that all Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools are ICT enabled. To further encourage Computer Education and Literacy.
- To equip secondary and higher secondary schools with library and laboratory facilities.
- To ensure enrolment at the higher secondary level of all students who have passed a secondary level of education
The vision of the State School Education Department is to ensure that students are imparted with the most supreme quality of education, physical environment to grow and curriculum that enables them to be responsible citizens of the country. The Department ascertains the universalization of education at Elementary level in schools as envisaged in The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009. The Department has also emphasized on The Secondary and Higher Secondary level in the same manner. The Department through its various functionaries works dedicatedly to ensure students are imparted with skills to face the various challenges successfully in their personal and social life. The Department further facilitates the growth of children through pioneering social schemes such as Kanyashree, Sabuj Saathi and Mid-Day Meal among many others.